LAWRENCE, Kan. – No. 13/12 Kansas (7-2) looks to bounce back from consecutive losses when it faces former conference foe Nebraska (7-4) inside Pinnacle Bank Arena on Saturday, Dec. 16. The Jayhawks, who will clash with the Cornhuskers for the 243rd time in the series that dates back to 1900, will visit Lincoln for the first time since 2011. The contest will tip-off at 7 p.m., and will be broadcast on FS1 with Joe Davis (play-by-play) and Donny Marshall (analyst) calling the action.
- The Jayhawks enter the Nebraska contest having lost consecutive games for the first time since the final game of the 2015-16 season versus Villanova and the first game of the 2016-17 season against Indiana. The last time KU lost consecutive games in the same season was 2013-14 (Dec. 7 at Colorado and Dec. 10 at Florida).
- Kansas ranks in the top-10 nationally in assists (second at 20.1), scoring margin (fourth at 21.7), assist-to-turnover ratio (sixth at 1.6) and field goal percentage (eighth at 52.0).
- Kansas and Duke are the only two schools in NCAA Division I that have five players averaging 11.6 points for better.
- Five Jayhawks are averaging double figures in scoring with junior Lagerald Vick leading the way at 18.7 points per game, which is third in the Big 12. Kansas is the only school in the league to have five players ranked in the Big 12’s top-30 in scoring.
- Vick is the only player in the Big 12 to rank in the top 10 in both scoring and rebounding. He is third in scoring at 17.9 ppg and tied for seventh in rebounds at 6.8 rpg.
- Sophomore C Udoka Azubuike is first in NCAA Division I in field goal percentage at 78.4 percent. Through nine games, Azubuike is 58-for-74, which includes 35 dunks.
- Sophomore G Sam Cunliffe will make his Kansas debut at Nebraska. Cunliffe played at Arizona State last season starting ASU’s first 10 games before transferring to KU after the fall semester. Cunliffe averaged 9.5 ppg and 4.8 rpg for ASU.
- Kansas is 78-11 following a loss in the Bill Self era, which began in 2003-04. Since 2013-14, KU is 28-3 following a loss.
- In the Bill Self era, Kansas has only lost three-consecutive games once and that was during the 2012-13 season (Feb. 2 vs. Oklahoma State, Feb. 6 at TCU and Feb. 9 at Oklahoma).
Kansas enters the week ranked No. 13 by the Associated Press and No. 12 in the USA TODAY Coaches’ polls. The Jayhawks average 88.1 points per game and their plus-21.7 scoring margin is first in the Big 12 and fourth in NCAA Division I. KU also leads the conference in assists (20.1), assist-to-turnover ratio (1.6) and 3-point field goals made (11.1). Besides the aforementioned, KU ranks in the top three in the Big 12 in scoring offense (second at 88.1 ppg), field goal percentage (second at 52.0) and 3-point field goal percentage (second at 41.0). Kansas pulls down 38.7 rebounds per game, has a plus-5.2 rebound margin and averages 8.3 steals and 5.0 blocked shots per game.
Junior G Lagerald Vick is averaging…